This page contains affiliate links. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post through our independently chosen links, which earn us a commission. Learn More
We don’t want to waste a second of your time. So no long intro here, what are the best Non-Tracking litters on the market today? Keep reading to see our top 5 recommendations for the best Non-Tracking litters.
Quick Look at Our Top Picks:
- Best Overall: Feline Pine Original Cat Litter
- Best For Budget: Arm & Hammer Litter Clump and Seal Multi-Cat Litter
- Best for Allergies: World’s Best Cat Litter
- Best Eco-Friendly: Blue Buffalo Naturally Fresh
- Best For Multiple Cats: Yesterday’s News Cat Litter
Why is Non-Tracking Cat Litter Important?
Let’s briefly look into the reasons why you should always favor non-tracking cat litter.
This is very much required before we begin examining the factors that are worthy of consideration while making a buying decision.
- Non-tracking cat litter forms clumps that make it easier for scooping and clean up
- Provides efficient odor control
- Ensures better hygiene and cleanliness
- Non-tracking litter brands are more affordable
Factors to Consider Before Buying a Non-Tracking Cat Litter
Getting a non-tracking cat litter can at times be a daunting task for cat lovers. However, there are certain factors that can make the job easier if given due consideration. They are as shown below:
- High-Quality Materials- Cat litter made from lesser conventional materials turns out to be more beneficial when it comes to tracking. That’s because these are softer cat litters that don’t stick to your cat’s paws. Some such materials include walnuts, grass, pine wood fibers, and corn. Cat litter made from any of these materials is likely to be non-tracking.
- Clumping or Non-Clumping Despite the fact that both clumping and non-clumping cat litters may be low tracking, it is often found that clumping litters track more. That’s because their main purpose is to form clumps by trapping odor and moisture.
- Granule Shape and Size Larger granules usually don’t stick to your kitties’ paws. Besides size, the shape of the granules also matters. Some of these granules are shaped such that it hardly sticks to the cats’ paws.
Also Read: Best Cat Litter for Kittens
- Brand The most important factor to consider before making a buying decision is brand reputation. Some manufacturers are well reputed for making high-quality non-tracking cat litters. Cat owners eager to buy a high-quality cat litter that is low or non-tracking must always look out for a reliable brand.
5 Best Rated Non-Tracking Cat Litter Reviewed
Finding the best cat litter that does not leave your cat’s paw tracks all over the house can be a tedious task.
Despite that, the job has definitely become easier for you with the various factors shown above coupled with the suggested brands on non-tracking cat litter as shown below.
Since the process of finding the right litter might seem a bit time-consuming, we have suggested some of the best non-tracking cat litter down below.
This cat litter uses pine wood granules as the litter base. Due to its wooden base, it prevents the tracking and hygiene issues often associated with clay-based litters. It contains highly-absorbent pine fibers which actively work to absorb liquid and lock away ammonia odors swiftly.
This litter leaves no irritant when poured because it is natural, non-clumping and clay-free. Also its improved formula now absorbs liquids twice as fast as the old Feline Pine. Its proprietary formula contains hundred percent natural pine and eliminates even the toughest odors, leaving your environment smelling fresh.
This cat litter brand is highly reputed for its good quality, non-tracking cat litters available at pocket-friendly prices. This brand’s formula is specifically designed to keep tracking incidents on a low ebb around the home.
Arm & Hammer Litter Clump and Seal Multi-Cat Litter come with a 7-day odor-free guarantee for multi-cat households. Also, it contains baking soda which destroys odors on contact. Above all, it has an ultra-low dust strong clumping formula that makes the entire clean-up process, a walk in the park.
First of all, this cat litter formula effectively traps odors and turns them into tight, easy-to-scoop clumps on contact. Also, it is good for homes with multiple cats because it eases the cleanup process and helps control odor without artificial fragrances.
Due to its large, corn-based natural granules that clump effectively, it is able to absorb strong odors. This is great news for cat owners as even the foul ammonia smell is clinically taken care of.
Above all, it is also free from silica dust, meaning you and your feline friend can breathe free and healthy. It is considered environment-friendly as it is flushable and safe for both septic and sewer systems.
This cat litter is incredible when it comes to controlling odor and trapping moisture. That ensures that there’s no stinky litter box in your home. It is made from a proprietary blend of the fibers found in the walnut shell. This litter definitely performs better than litters made from clay, pine, and wheat.
Its clumps are easier to scoop because they are harder than an average clay litter. Over time, this brand has won the trust of many cat owners. It is also biodegradable and since it is non-tracking, it does not stick to the cat’s paws.
This cat litter is completely eco-friendly and is also recommended by American vets. It is made from recycled paper, which gives it a soft texture, and therefore, the litter pellets make it convenient for cats with soft and sensitive paws. This brand absorbs three times the moisture in comparison with clay-based litter.
As these non-abrasive pellets are made from recycled paper, it is paw-friendly and non-clumping. That means you and your feline friend can feel good using this litter. Moreover, it helps to keep your floor free from the track of paw prints and dirt. That’s because it is free from small particles and is designed for low tracking.
First of all, the stores are flooded with numerous low-tracking and non-tracking cat litters, however, you need to pick one. Your choice of a brand depends on your personal needs, budget, cat’s preferences and expert advice.
The most important thing is to get the cat litter that doesn’t track and which should be able to trap odors, absorb urine and ammonia. Also, giving consideration to reputed brands can help in making the right choice.
Finally, cat litter with high-quality materials, larger granules and clumping will hardly track.