Cats are such adorable companions. They are cute, cuddly, playful, and you can’t just get enough of them. However, with cats, you get to deal with cat litter, and with this, you will need to choose the best litter box specific for you and your cat’s preferences. If you have a lot of cats, you have to try to see whether you’re going to buy a litter box for each cat or buy one where multiple cats can use.
Quick Look: Top 3 Picks
Nature’s Miracle Hooded Litter Box
Catit Jumbo Hooded Cat Litter Pan
Buying a litter box for each of your cats may sound ideal (since cats highly value privacy and are quite territorial) but it’s not always practical because you have to consider the space in your home as well as your budget. There are many challenges that accompany having a litter box for multiple cats aside from space and budget, but this is for those who have decided to go with one litter box wherein multiple cats can share.
When to Use a Multiple Cat Litter Box
It is important to understand that multiple cat litter boxes are not for everyone. Some of the things that you can consider in choosing a multiple cat litter box instead of litter boxes designed for a single cat are listed below.
- Small Home- It is obvious that having a litter box for multiple cats is ideal and practical for someone living in a small apartment or home. You will be able to utilize your space even more if you only have one litter box for all of your cats in contrast to having two or more litter boxes.
- Easy to Maintain- Another advantage of having one litter box for all of your cats is that it is easier to maintain than having multiple boxes. You only have to clean one area in contrast to cleaning multiple locations. This is quite handy if you have long-haired cats or are using cat litter that leaves tracks all over.
- Value for Money- Between buying multiple litter boxes designed for single cats and a litter box designed for multiple cats, you will definitely be able to save more if you buy only one box wherein all your cats can use. You won’t need to buy additional litter boxes or bags of litter.
When you are convinced of buying a litter box for multiple cats for your household, the next important thing to do is to choose the best litter box for your feline friends. This is of dire importance if you want to save money and invest in one that’s going to last long.
There are so many to choose from with all their pros and cons that you should take the time to do research before buying one. Depending on priorities, there are many factors that a cat owner like you should consider when deciding on the best litter box for your feline friends.
Factors in Choosing a Litter Box for Multiple Cats
The best litter boxes for multiple cats share common factors and these will need to be considered when you purchase one. Below are some factors in choosing the perfect litter box for all of your cats.
- Space- Though cats don’t really use the litter box in unison as they are aware of their private space, it is still important that your cat litter box has a larger space as there may be ones who may “go” all at once. Your cats will appreciate the extra space and deeper base for their litter needs. One of the advantages of having a larger litter box with a deeper base is that it will not get “exhausted” sooner and it will not be stinker and messier compared to something that has a smaller space. Litter box sizes are not designed the same so depending on the number of your cats, you should take this into consideration when buying a litter box for your pets.
- Easier Entrance and Exit- An easier entry and exit for your cats would mean a larger entry and exit. So even if cats don’t go in at once, your cats will still appreciate it it’s easier for them to enter and exit the box.
- Cleaning Mechanisms- The cleaning mechanisms of your litter box is also of dire importance especially if it is for multiple cats. It must be efficient when cleaning and emptying the litter box. With this said, cat owners with multiple cats can take even more advantage with cleaning and filter mechanisms that are built-in.
Best Rated Litter Boxes for Multiple Cats Reviews
Now that you have considered all the factors on why you are choosing a litter box for multiple cats instead of multiple single litter boxes and the factors in choosing the best litter box, it is now time to weigh the pros and cons of a litter box you are opting to buy. Listed below are some of the best litter box for multiple cats out there.
Choosing the best litter box for multiple cats is so much different compared to choosing a litter box if you only have one cat because you have to consider the quantity, the preferences, and the sizes of your cats.
Not only that, you also have to consider the size of the litter box if it will fit in your home (especially if you are living in a small apartment). Other factors you will also need to consider is the convenience and the budget. Overall, you have to completely assess your situation in order to choose the best litter box for your cats.