The 5 Best Disposable Cat Litter Boxes8 min read
This page contains affiliate links. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post through our independently chosen links, which earn us a commission. Learn More
Cats are very particular about how they do their business. If the litter box isn’t in the right place, filled with the right litter, and kept clean, they are just as likely to go on the floor next to the litter box as they are to step inside. Scooping the litter box is a necessary evil – or is it? If you want to avoid the mess entirely, consider switching to disposable litter boxes.
In this article, we’ll talk about tips for keeping the litter box fresh and provide some insight into choosing the right litter box for your cat. We’ll also show you our top 5 picks for the best disposable litter boxes.
Quick Links: Best Disposable Cat Litter Boxes to Buy
What To Look For In A Disposable Litter Box
Buying a disposable litter box means that you never have to deal with emptying and cleaning out your litter box – you simply throw it away and get a new one. You should, however, still plan to scoop the litter box daily to keep it fresh for your cat. With proper maintenance, a disposable litter box can last anywhere from 7 days to 4 weeks.
Here Are Some Important Things To Look For In A Disposable Litter Box:
- Size. Finding a disposable litter box large enough for your cat to comfortably use it is important – look for a brand that offers multiple sizes so you can choose the best one for your cat.
- Depth. Disposable litter boxes are designed to be thrown away, but they need to do the job in the meantime. Check the depth to make sure your cat won’t be flinging litter out of the box or spraying urine on the floor next to it.
- Materials. When throwing away your litter box, you need to make sure that it is made from biodegradable or recyclable material.
- Price. If you’re going to be throwing your litter box away every few weeks, you’ll be buying new litter boxes pretty often. Consider the price when buying disposable boxes to keep things affordable.
Now that you have a better idea what to look for in a disposable litter box, it’s time to start shopping! Keep reading to see our top 5 picks for the best disposable litter boxes for cats.
Here Are Our Top 5 Picks For The Best Disposable Litter Box:
Sold in a convenient 2-pack, this disposable litter box from Nature’s Miracle is made from eco-friendly material, so you don’t have to feel bad about using it. It’s a full 8 inches deep, giving you plenty of space to fill with litter without having to worry about your cat kicking it out of the box. Plus, it’s treated with baking soda for an extra level of protection against ammonia and other litter box odors.
If you’re buying disposable litter boxes, it’s probably because you want to minimize your workload. These Cat’s Pride Kat Kit Litter Trays are the perfect choice because not only is the tray disposable, but it comes pre-filled with Cat’s Pride Fresh & Clean Litter. Simply unwrap the tray, place it where you want it, and you’re good to go. Plus, the litter is fresh-scented to keep odors under control.
The primary concern with many disposable litter boxes is whether they will hold up for long enough to make them worthwhile. These Kitty’s WonderBox Disposable Litter Boxes come in a convenient 3-pack and they are super durable and 100% leak-proof for up to 1 month. Made from dense recycled paper, these litter boxes keep your litter dry and odor-free for weeks at a time.
Cats like their privacy but most disposable litter boxes consist of nothing more than an open tray. The PetSafe Disposable Collapsible Litter Box features a unique design, consisting of a complete box with a raised entrance and privacy hood to look and act like a real litter box. This litter box comes with a tray of PetSafe crystal cat litter as well, which controls odors up to 5 times better than clay litter.
Recycled paper is great, but it can absorb liquid and odors more than you might like. This Fresh Step Plastic Disposable Cat Litter Pan is still made from recycled materials, but it is plastic, not paper, so it protects against odors and moisture much better. You can use it as a disposable litter tray or as a liner for a permanent litter box.
Tips For Keeping Your Litter Box Fresh
If you hate the task of scooping your litter box, the simplest solution is to stop doing it. Buying disposable litter boxes means you can throw the entire mess away instead of getting your hands dirty. If you want to make your disposable litter box last even longer, here are some tips:
- Scoop the clumps daily. Even if you plan to throw away your litter box at the end of the month, you still need to scoop it daily to keep it fresh for your cat.
- Switch to a different litter. Some litters absorb odor better than others, so consider switching to a scented or odor-control litter if it’s a problem.
- Use a litter deodorizer. Sprinkling some litter deodorizer on your litter every few days can help keep things fresh between scooping.
- Add an extra litter box. Even if you only have one cat, adding an extra litter box can help reduce odor and maintenance. Plus, your cat will have two boxes to choose from.
As is true for any litter box, disposable litter boxes are what you make of them. They won’t completely eliminate litter box maintenance, but they will save you from having to scrape and scrub your litter box on a weekly or monthly basis and that’s worth something.
No one likes cleaning the litter box and with a disposable box, you never have to! You’ll still want to scoop daily to minimize odor and to keep things fresh for your cat, but you’ll never have to lug that loaded litter box to the wastebasket or spend your time scrubbing ever again.
If you’re still not sure where to start in looking for a disposable litter box, try out one of the top 5 best options we’ve reviewed above. Good luck!