When it comes to cat litter, the question that usually comes to mind is whether to use clumping or non-clumping materials. However, our focus in this article is not going to be on making a choice between those two types of cat litter but rather on the best clumping cat litter brands competing for the cats’ parents hard-earned dollars.
You must know that cats like it best to do their business in a well-placed litter box filled with clumping material. Therefore, in this article, we are going to discuss some factors to consider before making a purchase. You will also get to go through some of the best brands of clumping cat litter available in the stores.
- What Exactly is Clumping Cat Litter?
- Quick Look: Top 3 Picks
- Factors to Consider When Buying Clumping Cat Litter
- Best Rated Clumping Cat Litter Reviewed
- World’s Best Scoopable Multiple Cat Clumping Litter
- Precious Cat Ultra-Premium Clumping Cat Litter
- Tidy Cats 4-in-1 Strength Clumping Cat Litter
- Fresh Step Multiple Cat Scoopable Clumping Cat Litter
- Arm & Hammer Clump and Seal Multi-Cat Litter
- Final Thoughts
What Exactly is Clumping Cat Litter?
The clumping cat litter is one of two main categories of cat litter and it contains a chemical called sodium bentonite. It is this chemical that clumps the litter together when it comes in contact with moisture.
So once the litter forms clumps by binding the moisture within the clump, then that can be scooped out easily, leaving behind a box of clean litter.
According to American Chemical Society, clumping litter can absorb more of animal feces than the conventional type of litter. Also, clumping cat litter is considered to be a better option because it solidifies the moist litter and forms clumps, making it easier to scoop. Also, a box filled with clumping litter would require cleaning after longer intervals, as compared to the non-clumping clay litter.
Some other major ingredients contained in the clumping cat litter include clay, guar gum, baking soda and fragrance.
Quick Look: Top 3 Picks
World’s Best Cat Litter
Precious Ultra-Premium Cat Litter
Tidy Cats 4-in-1
Factors to Consider When Buying Clumping Cat Litter
Cat lovers should know that every brand’s clumping cat litter has its own uniqueness. It is therefore paramount to consider a lot of factors before settling on a brand. So to shop the best read through the below-listed factors that you must consider.
- Dust- Despite the fact that the majority of cat litters create some level of dust, there are some that don’t. So, it must be noted that there definitely are some low-dust brands available out there. Moreover, adequate consideration must be given to each cat’s need because some are more sensitive to dust than others.
- Clumping Action- Not all clumping cat litters are the same. Therefore, buyers must look for clumping litter that creates hard, solid clumps that can be easily scooped and discarded.
- Odor Control- The main advantage of clumping cat litter over its counterpart is that it is better when it comes to odor control. However, there are some brands that have extra odor protection. Therefore, you are advised to carefully read through the label before buying.
- Scent- Clumping cat litters are either scented or unscented. A point to note is that cats can react irritably to scented litter, but if your cats love the fragrances, a scented litter can help mask the odor in the litter box.
- Biodegradable- Cat parents should know that not all litters are biodegradable and very few are safe to flush down the toilet. Most importantly, clumping cat litters are not biodegradable.
- Cost- All factors, as shown above, influence the cost of cat litters. In other words, a clumping cat litter product that is unscented and performs moderate clumping action may be the most cost-effective.
Best Rated Clumping Cat Litter Reviewed
There are many brands of cat litter that claim to be clumping out there. However, it is for you to find the most reliable one. Since the process of finding the right product might seem a bit unsettling, we have suggested some of the best clumping cat litter brands as shown below.
As shown above, this article is a comprehensive guide for most cat lovers on what brands of clumping cat litter to go for. For the most part, it is largely a matter of preference as to which type of clumping cat litter to choose. However, a clumping cat litter that absorbs moisture and creates hard, tight clumps is suggested. This will not only make cleaning the cat litter box easier, but these feline friends will love it when their litter boxes stay fresh and clean.