If you are new to the cat owner lifestyle, it is quite difficult to choose which cat food you should pick for your new pet. Even seasoned cat owners sometimes have difficulty in picking the best food for their cats, especially if their cat is a high-end breed like a Persian cat.
While there are many brands that say that their food is the most compatible one for your Persian cat, it would be wise to compare these brands side by side before you let your cat choose so that they would stay healthy and maintain a shiny fur.
Quick Look: Top 5 Picks
|View Best Price|
|View Best Price|
|View Best Price|
|View Best Price|
|View Best Price|
The Right Cat Food: Wet vs Dry
When it comes to Persian cats, they are in need of omega-3 fatty acids and fish oils that will help them keep themselves from joint diseases and maintain a healthy coat.
You can find good quality wet cat food and dry cat food with high nutritional content., but are there certain advantages and disadvantages of the two that you may want to consider before buying either one of them?
Advantages of Wet Cat Food
- Easy absorption– When it comes to kittens, they are not in any way recommended to be fed dry cat food as they cannot digest it easily. The same goes for elderly cats whose metabolism have gone slower than younger adult cats. Most cats who eat wet food develop stronger bones and muscles over time because of its easy absorption properties.
Also Read: The Best Kitten Food
Disadvantages of Wet Cat Food
- Price- Wet cat food only comes in small cans good for one serving, which is why most cat owners prefer to have their cats eat dry food that they can buy in bulk.
Advantages of Dry Cat Food
- Can Be Left on Food Bowl– If you are an owner who is tired of having to serve wet food again and again or have a hectic schedule, you can simply leave some kibble on the food bowl of your Persian cat and leave them to eat as they please.
Disadvantages of Dry Cat Food
- Carbohydrates– Persian cats are more sensitive than other breeds of cats when it comes to nutrition, and in order to keep them from contracting illnesses, they have to be fed with a strict diet. Unfortunately, cheaper brands of dry cat food for Persian cats are filled with carbohydrates and fillers that the cat doesn’t really need, which may lead to problems when your cat gets older.
Also Read: Best Cat for Senior Cats
Our Top 5 Best Rated Cat Food for Persian Cats
It is always best for you to look at the options available in the market so that you would can supplement your cat’s needs appropriately.
While Persian cats are not known to have any major diseases that are any different from the typical cat breed, it is best to look at these options in order to prevent your cat to develop such illnesses in the long run.
To help with this daunting process of choosing the right product, we have provided a list of products that are suggested for your Persian cat.
This cat food has protein with duck and turkey liver representing 95% of the total recipe. It is supplemented with fish oil, an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids. These ingredients naturally round out the nutrient profile of the food, but they’re not species-appropriate. Unless your cat has sensitivities to duck or turkey, this food can help to alleviate food allergy symptoms. It’s free from the most common food allergens, including chicken, beef, wheat, and dairy.
- High Protein and moisture content
- Food is rich in omega 3 fatty acids
- Free from the most common cat allergens
- Contains numerous plant ingredients.
If you want to provide your cat with the best of the best in wet cat food, Ziwi Peak Grain-Free Canned Cat Food is an excellent option. Available in several flavors, this cat food is formulated for all life stages and all breeds. It features 93% meat, organs, and New Zealand green mussels which means that it is very low in carbohydrates and rich in both protein and fat. Every recipe is all-natural and made with premium ingredients including animal-based proteins and fats with nutritional supplements for balance.
- Rich in protein and fat, low in carbohydrates
- Made from premium, all-natural ingredients
- Formulated for all life stages and breeds
- Fairly expensive to feed as a staple diet
- Doesn’t contain probiotics
This cat food contains nothing but meat and comes in three flavors: chicken, turkey and beef. The gravy the product comes with entices your finicky Persian cat to eat more. This is also a good choice for more elderly cats as the meat is slow-cooked and very tender to bite.
- Can be fed to kittens up to adults
- Affordable compared to other cat food brands
- Available in three flavors for variation
- Contains artificial flavors and meat by-products
- Contains thiamine mononitrate
If you’re looking for a high-quality wet food to support your aging cat’s nutritional needs, try this Halo Grain-Free Senior Recipe Wet Food. This recipe features all-natural ingredients in a holistic formula designed to nourish your cat’s body from the inside out.
It is made with real, whole chicken as well as digestible grain-free ingredients and it is lower in fat than traditional cat food to prevent your senior cat from gaining an unhealthy amount of weight. What’s not to love?
- Holistic recipe made from digestible, high-quality ingredients
- Lean source of protein (real deboned chicken)
- Supplemented with chelated minerals for nutrient absorption
- Some cats don’t like pate texture wet foods
If you’re looking for a high-quality wet food to get your kitten started on the right foot, consider this Wellness Grain-Free Chicken Entrée Pate Kitten Food. This recipe features real chicken as the main ingredient to provide your kitten with a lean source of premium animal protein. It is grain-free for digestibility and free from thickeners like carrageenan as well. It features premium, all-natural ingredients and is nutritionally balanced to meet your kitten’s requirements. Plus, it supports all aspects of your kitten’s health including growth, digestion, energy, immunity, skin, and coat.
- Made with real chicken and chicken liver as the top two ingredients
- Naturally grain-free and low in carbohydrate ingredients
- Formulated to support healthy growth and development in kittens
- Doesn’t contain probiotic supplements
- Contains guar gum which can contribute to smelly poop
This cat food is specially formulated to control your cat from developing hairballs and also contains a healthy mix of complex carbohydrates which will ensure that your cat stays happy and healthy. Delicious deboned chicken is what will motivate your cat to eat unlike before.
- Contains no chicken by-products
- Rich in omega-3 and omega 6 fatty acids
- Contains a healthy mix of probiotics and carbohydrates to promote a healthy digestion
- Contains chicken fat
- Has too many fruit and vegetable fillers
These are merely recommendations of cat food products for Persian cat parents.
There will also be times where the cat’s digestion is simply not compatible with what they eat, and thus may lead to digestive problems.
Also Read: Best Probiotics for Cats
Before deciding to purchase a certain brand, it is best that you read the fine ingredient label and know what each one may do for your cat so that you will have a healthy
Persian cat, but sometimes, no matter how good the formula is, there will be problems that may develop in the long run, and thus it is wiser to seek the opinion of your veterinarian before switching to a certain brand.