This page contains affiliate links. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post through our independently chosen links, which earn us a commission. Learn More
The Exotic Shorthair is the short-haired version of the Persian cat which is bred from both the Persian and American Shorthair cats.
This delicate, sweet feline is a great choice for people who loves the Persian cat look without the long hair and its grooming maintenance.
A Bit About Exotic Shorthair Cats
- The Exotic Shorthair cat desires attention and love from its cat parents and at the same time loves to just rest, relax and cuddle.
- So, if you’re the type who loves these qualities in a cat, you’ll thoroughly enjoy the company of this cat.
- Physical features of the Exotic Shorthair are more or less the same of the Persian cat except it has a short, dense coat whereas a Persian cat has long hair and grooming can be quite fussy.
- It has a silky fur and colorful eyes that will truly mesmerize you with its beauty. It has a cute round face that makes it looks like a kitten still even if it’s all grown up.
What to Look For When Buying Cat Food For Exotic Shorthairs
- Novel Protein. As a carnivore, your cat is better able to digest animal protein than plant ingredients. A diet too high in plant foods can cause smelly poop.
- Digestibility. If your cat’s body is having trouble digesting its food, its poop is more likely to be smelly. Look for animal sources of protein and fat with low levels of carbohydrate.
- Hypoallergenic. Because food allergies are one of the most common causes of smelly poop and skin problmers in cats, you may want to choose a limited ingredient diet or a food made with a novel source of protein to reduce the risk for allergies.
- No Fillers or Additives. Low-quality fillers like corn and wheat are common causes for smelly poop, as are artificial additives and thickening agents like agar-agar and guar gum.
Try to look for cat food recipe that contains chelated minerals and probiotic supplements.
The Top 5 Best Cat Foods for Exotic Shorthairs
If you have an Exotic Shorthair in your home, it is very important to keep them healthy inside and out so that they can live a long life. They will need enough protein requirements as well as superior coat care. To help find the right product, we have provided a list of suggestions for the best cat food for Exotic Shorthair down below.
This cat food lists protein as its first ingredient which is good for your Exotic Shorthair as they need plenty of protein for their health.
It is also free from grains, meat by-products, soy corn and wheat which is good for cats with food sensitivities.
You can be assured of a high-quality homemade diet from this product and you can feed it to your cat in spite of its age. This is rich in meat which provides a balanced daily nutrition for your Exotic Shorthair.
This cat food is made from the facilities of one of the older raw pet food companies in the US. Based in Wisconsin, Stella & Chewy’s create their cat food with real protein to keep your Exotic Shorthair’s teeth and weight healthy and improve their vitality.
You can choose from two flavors for your cat–the Chick, Chick, Chicken Dinner and the Yummy Lickin’ Salmon & Chicken Dinner. The Chick, Chick, Chicken Dinner is made from real dehydrated chicken which is a nutritionally complete treat for your Exotic Shorthair.
The Yummy Lickin’ Salmon & Chicken Dinner is made from wild-caught salmon and cage-free chicken with optimal quality and designed to satisfy your cat’s palatability.
This cat food is best for your Exotic Shorthair which is making its way into adulthood. Available in three flavors, your cat will never get bored with this. This also provides the perfect balance of nutrition for your pet and you can be assured of a 100% satisfaction guaranteed.
This also helps build body weight and is enriched with Taurine that gives your Exotic Shorthair healthy eyes and heart.
Its precise nutrients and high-quality ingredients allow for an easy and healthy digestive system and promote the ideal body weight for your cat.
If you’re looking for a high-quality wet food made from premium ingredients and designed for digestibility for your Exotic Shorthair, look no further than this Ziwi Peak Grain-Free Canned Cat Food.
This formula features New Zealand lamb as a rich source of protein with no fillers, additives, or by-products. It contains 93% meat, organs, and New Zealand mussels to further reduce the risk of smelly poop while optimizing your cat’s digestion.
It is also rich in essential fatty acids for healthy skin and it contains a limited number of ingredients to reduce the risk for food allergies.
This dry cat food is specially designed for the Persian cat and is also great for the Exotic Shorthair. With its small, bite-sized pieces that are specially designed for this kind of kitty, they are easy to grasp and chew. It also has a good source of vitamin C and E that helps with their natural defenses.
Choosing the best cat food for the Exotic Shorthair can be difficult due to its breed in that it requires a kibble that they can easily grasp, and chew.
It should fulfill the Shorthair’s protein requirements for it be healthy inside and out.
Aside from the usual factors needed to choose the best cat food for this breed, you will also need to take note of food that specializes in helping the cat have a healthy shiny coat.
You will also need to consult with a trusted veterinarian to ensure that you are providing the best cat food that ensures long life.